The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 final will take place at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on Sunday 8 March, International Women’s Day.
ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2020 Final
India v Australia
Sunday 8 March
Melbourne Cricket Ground
Entertainment starts: 5:00pm (AEDT) - including Katy Perry performance
Match starts: 6:00pm (AEDT)
Global music superstar Katy Perry will perform two songs to get the final underway and return for a post-match concert, with her full band, once the on-field presentations have concluded.
Key timings for fans (all times local / AEDT):
- 11:00am onwards: Fanzone in Yarra Park precinct (closes at 6:00pm - more details below)
- 3:30pm – Gates open
- 5:00pm – Fans encouraged to ARRIVE EARLY and be in their seats to experience the full pre-game show
- 5:30pm – Katy Perry pre-match performance
- 6:00pm – Match starts
The match will take around three hours, subject to any delays for reasons such as weather, and the on-field presentation with the winning team will follow. Katy Perry’s post-match concert will then commence.
The final presents an opportunity to #FILLTHEMCG and set a new record for attendance at a women’s sporting fixture. The current record is 90,185, set at the 1999 FIFA Women’s World Cup final in the USA.
Tickets to the final are still available and fans are encouraged to get in now and be part of this historic occasion. Tickets start from just $20 for adults and all children’s tickets are only $5 at t20worldcup.com.
We're closing in on filling the MCG but we need to make sure every ticket gets used! If you've purchased and cannot attend, list your ticket/s on our official resale platform tickets.t20worldcup.com/resale
ICC T20 World Cup 2020 Fan Zone
Melbourne will be brought alive with the excitement and colour of the ICC Women's T20 World Cup with a free Fanzone at Yarra Park on Saturday 7 and Sunday 8 March, from 11am - 6pm each day. The Fanzone showcases what Melbourne is all about when a major event comes to town. Fans can enjoy two action-packed days filled with food, cricket, art, music and multicultural entertainment across the weekend of the highly anticipated final.
For more information about the Fanzone, please click here.
TOP TIPS TO ENJOY YOUR T20 WORLD CUP EXPERIENCE AT THE MELBOURNE CRICKET GROUND:
- CHECK MATCH TIMES AND WEATHER BEFORE YOU GO - BRING WARM CLOTHES
- CHECK THE LATEST TRANSPORT INFORMATION FOR THE FINAL HERE
- FOR KATY PERRY PRE-SHOW, PLEASE BE IN YOUR SEATS BY 5:15PM READY TO DANCE!
- ARRIVE EARLY & PACK LIGHT TO PREPARE FOR SECURITY CHECKS – GATES OPEN 2.5 HOURS BEFORE & BRING AS LITTLE WITH YOU AS POSSIBLE
- STAY HYDRATED
- MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR TICKETS – BUY YOUR TICKETS ONLINE & PRINT YOUR PDF TICKETS BEFORE YOU LEAVE
- VISIT THE FANZONE IN YARRA PARK, HAVE A GREAT TIME AND SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH #FILLTHEMCG
- KATY PERRY'S POST MATCH CONCERT WILL COMMENCE AFTER THE TROPHY PRESENTATION
Gates open 2.5 hours before the start of the match.
Fans will be required to go through security checks before accessing the venue.
Arrive early to ensure you have plenty of time to enter and find your seat before the match starts. Check out the Prohibited Items & Behavior list below for what you should leave at home!
On-site Venue Ticket Box Office Locations
The Ticket Box Offices (TBO) are located at Gate 1, Gate 2, Gate 3, Gate 4, Gate 5, Gate 6 & Gate 7.
Ticket Box Office T20WC Ticket Pick Ups
Pre-purchased tickets can ONLY be picked up at the Ticket Box Office by the person who made a T20 World Cup account and purchased the tickets. Government issued photo I.D and the credit card used to purchase will need to be presented at the Ticket Box Office for pick up.
Tickets for the Men’s Tournament will start to be mailed or made available for download from your T20 World Cup Ticketing Account starting in July 2020. These tickets are not available for collection during the Women’s Tournament.
Ticket Box Office Hours
The Ticket Box Offices will be operational for ticket sales and pick up on venue match days only.
Gate 3 TBO will open at 9:00am for any early ticket sales and all remaining MCG TBOs will open 2.5 hours before the start of the match and will remain open until approximately 30 minutes before match end.
Accessible parking is available in Yarra Park via Gate 5 from 10:30am on Sunday, subject to capacity. Vehicles must display a valid accessible parking permit to obtain access.
Wheelchair accessible seating is available to purchase through Ticketek (1300 2020 WC) with accessible seating available in all stands at the MCG. Availability is match dependent.
The MCG has accessible facilities including toilets and food outlets within the venue. Full list is available here or when inside the venue, please see a staff member if you require assistance.
To read our ICC T20 World Cup Accessible & Companion Ticket Policy please click HERE.
TRAVEL - GETTING TO THE VENUE
Plan your travel to the MCG using Public Transport Victoria.
Richmond Railway Station - To get to Richmond station from the city, take any train on the Lilydale, Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Dandenong, Pakenham, Cranbourne, Frankston or Sandringham lines.
Jolimont Station - From any railway station in the central business district, take the Hurstbridge or Epping lines to reach Jolimont Station.
No. 75 and No. 48 - The No. 75 (City-Vermont South) travels along Flinders St and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade. No. 48 (Docklands/City-North Balwyn) travels along Collins Street and connects with the eastern suburbs via Wellington Parade.
No. 246 - The Bus route 246 is run by National Bus Company, which links La Trobe University with Elsternwick Station in a useful service for fans from the northern and southern suburbs. The 246 stops along Punt Road.
Pedestrian Foot Bridges:
• The William Barak Bridge is a 525-metre bridge that provides walking access from Flinders Street station to the MCG. It rises from Birrarung Marr (near Federation Square) over Batman Avenue, the Jolimont Railway corridor and Brunton Avenue before descending into Yarra Park.
• The Rod Laver Arena footbridge links the MCG and Rod Laver Arena, travelling between the two stadiums from the MCG’s Gate 1 concourse over the railway corridor to the foot of Rod Laver Arena.
• The Melbourne Arena footbridge runs parallel to the Rod Laver Arena footbridge, extending from the MCG’s Gate 6 concourse over the railway corridor and descending into the Olympic Park precinct on Swan Street
While bicycles are not permitted to enter the stadium, nor park on the MCG concourse, there are several bicycle hoops located next to the stadium in Yarra Park. Please note these facilities are not monitored and is the responsibility of the cyclist to secure the bicycle before entering the venue.
Car parking is usually available at the MCG in Yarra Park on event days. This land is controlled by the Melbourne Cricket Club and managed on event days by Care Park.
For the latest information on parking at the MCG click here.
Drop Off & Pick Up (Taxi)
- In front of Pullman Hotel, corner of Wellington Parade and Clarendon Street.
- Outside Rod Laver Arena on Olympic Boulevard.
- Jolimont Terrace.
Brunton Avenue, Jolimont Terrace & Street, Wellington Parade
For further venue information click HERE.